Saturday, February 19, 2011

House manners- need tuneup!

On the furniture? Really? Actually I don't care if he gets on the furniture, Ziggy gets on the couch, but maybe his new people won't like it. Plus I feel like we need to ramp up his house manners a notch. We are working on  door manners- he tends to barge through doors like a truck, knocking anyone or anything aside. Not good. So now we are working on waiting for the ok, even if the door is open. We'll have to work on the same thing in the car, but right now he's so excited to get out that he can barely sit while his crate is opened, never mind wait. All in good time.

Another biggie is respecting Ziggy's personal space. Monday night, I think Pro knocked into Ziggy once too often, and a scuffle ensued- noise on both dogs' part, bloodless chomping on Ziggy's part. I don't want Ziggy to feel like he always has to defend himself against rude dogs in his own house, that is my job. So I'm verbally correcting Pro and making him wait if he tries to knock Ziggy aside to get to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment